Asia Express - Display
TPV Technology, LG Display Join Hands on LCD Ventures
November 13, 2009
Hong Kong-listed TV and PC monitor manufacturer TPV Technology announced on November 9 that it will invest a total of US$84 million in establishing two joint ventures with LG Display, Reuters reported. L&T Display Technology (Xiamen), one of the two ventures, will be located in Xiamen and will be dedicated to the manufacturing and selling of LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) modules and TVs. TPV is expected to inject US$34 million into the Xiamen venture. At the same time, TPV plans to spend US$50 million on the other venture, L&T Display Technology (Fujian), which is expected to engage in the manufacturing of LCD monitors and public display products. It is reported that TPV will hold a 49% stake in the two ventures, and LG Display the remaining 51% stake.