Asia Express - Computing
Compal, Lenovo Join Hands for PC Production
September 30, 2011

Compal Electronics announced on September 27, 2011 that the company will enter into a joint venture with Lenovo, according to the China Times of Taiwan. Dubbed Lienpal (Hefei), the JV will focus on the production of Lenovo's AIO (All in One) PCs and notebook PCs, targeting at the Chinese domestic market. The two companies are projected to invest US$100 million initially, and an additional US$200 million will be poured into the JV over the next 18 months. Compal is expected to own 49% of the JV while Lenovo will hold the remaining 51%. Volume production of Lienpal is slated to begin at the end of 2012.